Saturday, August 26, 2006

Paranoid About Herpes

LETTER XXXVIII: LA Marquise de Merteuil AL Vicomte de Valmont

The huge folder of you, my dear viscount, I come at this time. If your date is accurate, it should have received four hours before. Either way, if you use the time to read it, I would not have to respond. I prefer therefore only acknowledge receipt and talk about something else. Not that and have something to say about me. Autumn in Paris does not leave a man with almost human form, so a month ago that I'm the same caution, and any other that was not my knight, you would fatigue testing my constancy. Unable to deal, I get distracted with the young Volanges, and she wants to talk.

Did you know that has lost more than he thinks, has not been charged with this girl? is truly delicious. There is still no character or principles; judge you how easy and smooth is your deal. I do not think that will shine not by the skill, but all she announces in the most lively sensations. No talent or malice, has, however, some natural falsehood, if I may say so, that sometimes I admire myself, and to serve as much more than its face features the image of innocence and naivety. It is naturally very affectionate, and sometimes amuses me. His head is exalted with incredible ease, and then is so much fun since he knows absolutely nothing of what you want so much to know. Sometimes impatience is certainly unique, laughs, despairs, weeps, and then asking me to instruct, with good faith that I really love. In truth, I'm almost jealous of him who is reserving that pleasure. I do not know if I told you, four or five days at this part I have the honor to be his confidante. You understand that at first I have shown severe, but just that I thought I've been convinced by their bad reasons, I had the air of believing them good, and is now intimately convinced that because my eloquence, that was necessary to avoid jeopardizing. I have allowed to write and say I love you, and the same day, without her being aware of it, I tried a conversation alone with Danceny. But just imagine you still so dull that has not received even a kiss. This young man does, yet very beautiful verses. Oh God! How foolish are the men of talent! This is the point, which puts me in pregnancy, because in the end, so he touches me I can not handle.

Now is when you could Serme helpful. You are pretty united with Danceny to gain their trust, and if they give it, we would bring the business at a good pace. Then dispatched its chairman, because, well, I do not want Gercourt be saved from the general law. Moreover, I have already talked to him yesterday, so that even when you have ten years of marriage, could not have you hate most. However, I've preached a lot about marital fidelity, and nothing can match the severity that I have said on this point. So, first, in his opinion reset my virtuous reputation, which could destroy much condescension, and other increases hate with that desire to give away her husband. I hope, finally, into believing that you must not surrender to love, but the little time that remains of unmarried, soon decided not to waste it.

Goodbye Viscount mine, I'll get to the toilet, where he read the volume you sent me. In

?, To August 27, 1917 ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment