Monday, November 6, 2006

Frozen Margarita Bucket Mix

LETTER cxxxi LA MAQUESA de Merteuil AL Vicomte de Valmont

In good time, Viscount! This time I am happier for you than the last. Now, let's talk as good friends, I hope to convince him that the arrangement you propose is sheer madness.

Have not you noticed yet that pleasure is the sole purpose of the union of two sexes, is not sufficient to constitute a bond between two people? What if it was preceded by the desire that unites them, is followed by anger and disgust that separates them? Is it a law of nature will feel the love? Force is to have at all times, and the case would be hard if I had not enough that a single party. The difficulty is resolved, then, means, in effect, one has the pleasure of love, another to be loved, less alive indeed, but which binds the pleasure to deceive, which serves as a clearing, and everything is fixed well.

But tell me, friend, Viscount, who of us will deceive the other? You remember the story of those rogues who acknowledged playing. Pay, they said, heading to cleavage in equal parts, and left the game. Let this wise example and not lose time that we use on other things.

And to prove his interest concerns me more than mine, and that does not inspire me or caprice or anger, do not refuse the reward promised: I understand that in one day, be satisfied, and not to shirk that we will embellish to the point the end in disgust. Let us not forget that feeling is necessary for this: and that is our very sweet illusion, why not think that is to be durable.

You see how generous is my behavior before you are justified in my eyes, because in the end, I should have already received the first letter of the heavenly virtue, and I have not received anything, maybe you will has forgotten terms of the deal, or less interested than you think to make me believe. However, either I am mistaken, or the tender devotion to write a lot: So what will you do when you are alone? She certainly will not distract media. Would, if I wanted, some criticisms to make to you, but the way in silence, instead of a bad mood that I showed in my last letter.

Now, Viscount, I have no more than to make an appeal, both for you, for me, and our interview is deferring until my return to the city. On the one hand we have the freedom, or otherwise I will run any risk, because jealousy could bind me more stupid de Belleroche, who starts to crumble. At the same time you will see that it would merit an infidelity to Belleroche. A mutual infidelity would give more charm to our love.

Know that sometimes regret that we are reduced to these resources. At the time that we love, and I think that this was love, I was happy, how about you, Vicomte? ... But, what a deal now that you can not come back? No, not again, Viscount. Moreover, do I require sacrifices that you could not or would not do for me and maybe I do not deserve? Oh, no! not even want to think about this, and despite the pleasure of busy writing, I prefer to leave abruptly.

Goodbye, viscount.

Castle ... November 6, 1917 ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment