Saturday, November 11, 2006

Coleman Evcon Furnace Flashes Three

CXXXIV Letter: The Marquise de Merteuil to the Vicomte de Valmont

Indeed, viscount, you are the same as children, before whom you can not say anything! Those who can not teach anything that does not take over the point! A simple idea, however, warn the little importance given to it, takes you to make it the bottom of my letter, and try to commit when I avoid all compromise, trying to share with you their wishes illogical. Is it generous of you to make me bear all the burden of understanding? I repeat that the arrangement you propose is utterly impossible. Although you'll spend all the generosity shown at this time, do you think perhaps that I have also my delicacy, and can make sacrifices that will harm?

Yes, indeed, viscount, you are deceived as to the feeling he felt for Madame de Tourvel. Is love, believe me, or there is no love, you deny it a hundred ways, but the test per thousand. What strange kind of subterfuge is that you lie to yourself (and I believe sincere to me) that leads to the desire to save this woman, I know that in vain you hide?

Can not say that you have not ever made any woman happy? And faith that walks forgetful ... But no, not this, viscount. Disturbs the heart wit, my friend, and obliges him to pay for diminished and poor reasoning, but, no fool who interested in the matter, I am little easy to please.

Thus, recognizing his courtesy, he omitted the words unpleasant for me, I note that, without you without certainly notice, remains in the background the same ideas. It is not, in effect, the adorable, the heavenly Madame de Tourvel, but is instead the strange woman, delicate and sensitive, and this exclusion of all others: a strange woman, in short, as it surely would not be found another. Charm is unknown is not the strongest. Well, either: but since you had not found so far is to believe that you will not find in the future; the loss of Madame de Tourvel would be irreparable. If these are not symptoms of love, must give up to find others.

You know, by this time he spoke without anger. I promised not altered in this case, could cause disruption and clumsiness. Believe me, therefore, be friends, and no more. Agradézcame my courage to defend it, and I say courage, because sometimes still needed to avoid making what seems to clearly nonsense.

how to convince only reason I paid, Viscount friend, I will answer your questions about the sacrifices that I would, and you probably could not meet. I use a word request, because I believe you will surely find demand, and large, as I say, but better! Far from bothering you'll be grateful. Do not want to cover with you, but perhaps should.

would require, then, O cruel! the extraordinary the admirable Madame de Tourvel out for you no more than an ordinary woman, a woman as it is, because strength is not to be fooled, the charm that we sometimes find in others, is in ourselves, and only love makes this phenomenon beautifying the beloved object. I know you know promise me, swear that compliance would be impossible, but I do not believe in vain discourses. Only their conduct judged in all its aspects would have to convince.

not this all, it would be whimsical. The sacrifice that you offer me Cecile small would not be accepted by me. Instead, ask him to continue with so painful my service until further notice, perhaps for abusing my empire, maybe more fair and lenient, judge as you want, I would be content to have your feelings without contravening their pleasures. Anyway, would be obeyed, and my orders would be severe.

Maybe then thank me conceptualize debtor, who knows! I might decide to reward. Perhaps then cut short an absence that I would be unbearable ... See him again, Viscount, but how? ... Remind yourself that this is not just a conversation, simple story of an impossible project.

Did you know that my process bothers me enough? I wanted to know what my strengths. The lawyers I quote many laws, authorities, according to them, and do not really find much reason and justice in my favor. I almost regret having refused the compromise that I suggested. Something reassuring, however, think the skill of my attorney, my attorney's eloquence and beauty of the trial. If these three factors fail, force would change the current system of root, and respect goodbye to the old ways!

The lawsuit is the only reason I stop here. The de Belleroche is donated free of costs. Freedom does not return your goods reach the city. I will make this painful sacrifice, and which comforts me know thank me.

Goodbye, Viscount, write me often: the story of the pleasures of my leisure distract you from boredom and monotony.

Castle ... November 11, 1917 ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment