Thursday, October 5, 2006

Can You Fog The House For Mice

Letter CVI: LA Marquise de Merteuil AL Vicomte de Valmont

lord: You have given the blow like a charm, so I want you in the end. Moreover, in view of the first letter, he might expect the second, and where it has caused me no admiration, and while you, proud of his future success, he sought the reward, and I wondered if she was ready, saw that had no need to hurry. Yes, because when reading the beautiful relationship to such a famous scene and the strong impression that you have inspired, to see your accommodation worthy of the most beautiful times of chivalry, I said twenty times: The launch will be frustrated. Well that could not happen otherwise. What do you expect a poor woman who gives up and leaves like that? Faith, in this case, it is necessary to at least save the honor, and this is precisely what the president has done. I have understood that the party has taken is not completely useless and I intend to serve it, by myself, at the first opportunity would be present, but I promise that if that man by whom the costs hiciese not take advantage of them better than you, do not have to tell me never.

See you stunned, and that having two wives, one destined for the next morning, and another that he wanted anxious. Well! You will believe me boast, and say it is not difficult to guess after watching, but I swear I hoped so, because in reality you do not have the ingenuity of the men in his condition, only knows how they teach, not invent anything. For this reason then that the circumstances do not lend themselves to the formulas used, and force him to abandon the path of all, is perplexed as a cadet unhappy. In short, a trifle to one side and the other one cannot feature is not very common, enough to embarrass. Can neither prevent nor avoid them. Ah! viscount, viscount, you taught me not to judge men by their success and soon you will say: It was brave one day! And then you have made nonsense about nonsense, draw on me. Do you think that I saw I have to do more than repair? Viscount really would not make short work.

Whatever these two adventures, one has been taken against my will, and I will not meddle in it. In parish to another, and in some ways I was glad you take it as a matter of their own. The letter included, then you give the little girl Volanges, is more than enough to return to their friendship, but I beg you to deal with this child care, and resolve to agree on the despair of the mother and Gercourt. I see clearly that does not scare the little person, and then are met our view they will do whatever he wants.

I leave this entirely to their care. It has a naive fool who has not given specific even when you've managed, yet is almost always infallible, and this is in my view the most dangerous disease that can have a woman. Denotes above all a character flaw almost always incurable who opposes everything so that we do not deal in interim form a girl to intrigue not we stop it rather than a loose woman. Now, I know nothing as common as this nonsense, who gives without knowing how or why, just not able to resist the attack. These women are just machines for pleasure.

You tell me not to do anything else, and that this suffices for our projects. So, but not soon forget that they all come to know the springs and motors of these machines, for this reason to use it without prejudice, it must be dispatched, stopped in time, then break it. In truth, we would lack no reason to defend it, and shall make Gercourt safely as we please. The fact, when you can not judge their misfortune, and when public and evident: what do we care that come with such comfort is not? I tell the husband what you think about it no doubt from the mother, there is the equivalent.

This party, which I looks best and I stop lying, I have decided to haunt the young, as you will see by my letter. It is also very important not to leave anything in your hands that you can commit, and I beg you pay attention to this. Once taken this precaution, I take care of morality you meet the rest. However, if we see hereafter that naivety is corrected, we will always be time to move out of pleasure. After we had to do, one day or another, what we do now. In no event shall our steps useless.

you know that has come close to mine are frustrated and fleeing to prevail on the fate of my prudence Gercourt!

Not Madame has had a moment of weakness Volanges mother? Do not want to give his daughter to Danceny? This was what mother announced that interest, you observed the following morning. You would also have been the cause of this beautiful masterpiece! Fortunately the tender mother wrote me, and I hope my answer will not be pleased. I speak it as much virtue, and especially so the coax, you should believe in reason.

I'm sorry I had time to sit with a copy, to edify you with my moral austerity. Ah! See how contempt for women so degraded that they want to have a lover! It's so easy to be a stickler on these speeches! This only hurts the other, without causing any discomfort. Besides that I am aware that the good lady has taken the time their weaknesses like any other, and not dislike me cause that intimate humiliation. This comforted me somewhat when I thought of the praise that I gave into my consciousness. Thus, in the letter, the idea of harming Gercourt gave me the strength to speak well of him.

Goodbye, friend viscount much approve of the decision taken to remain at that. I have no discretion to accelerate his departure, but I invite you to have fun with our common pupil. As far as me, despite their close date, you see that still need to wait; and agree without doubt that it is not my fault.

Paris, October 4, 1917 ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment